This spring join the Museum as we take to skies during the Great Africa Air Safari!
The Great Africa Air Safari is an educational initiative that brings the real-time excitement of an airborne journey through Southern Africa to our Aviation Learning Center. A group of Museum volunteers and friends have shipped their historic de Havilland Beaver aircraft from Seattle to Cape Town and will be flying between game preserves, recording their experiences, and connecting with Museum visitors.
The Museum will become the virtual home for the Safari and will feature a range of online activities and simulated flights in our Aviation Learning Center linked to this amazing adventure.
Complete the Online Lessons available here and then come to the Museum for simulated flights in the Aviation Learning Center.
- Lesson #1 – May 11 at 2:00PM – preflight a DHC Beaver Airplane (in the Museum Parking Lot).
- Lesson #2 – May 13 at 3:00PM – flights between Cape Town and Tswalu.
- Lesson #3 – May 16 at 3:00PM – practice landing at different airports in Botswana.
- Lesson #4 – May 18 at 11:00AM – scenic flights around Botswana’s game preserves.
- Lesson #5 – May 24 at 3:00PM – practice landing on different types of runways.
- Lesson #6 – May 25 at 11:00AM – pilot observation planes or drone.
- Lesson #7 – May 30 at 3:00PM – practice over water flights.
- Lesson #8 – July 7 at 2:00PM – fly simulated flight with the Great Africa Air Safari pilots and crew.
Grades 4 – 12 | Space is limited | Registration is free and includes Museum Admission for simulated flights.
Registration and information available at email@example.com